Sunday 9 July 2006

Life and winter

Well, considering I haven't written a blog entry since last week and I've been going a bit blog crazy lately, that's a bit gap! So here we go...

It came to me the other day that since I have started writing blogs, they've slowly progressed into less about what is going on and my into my emotional side and how I feel and stuff like that. I probably would give up reading a blog like that so I've decided to put a bit more external awareness into them... so, let's see what's going on in my life?

I've been pretty busy lately, although I couldn't really tell you a lot about it, because I really don't know where the time has gone...just there isn't enough of it! Mel and Brendan's wedding was about a week and a half ago (I think)...that was pretty good. The reception was absolutely fabulous! We went to the racecourse for a 2 course dinner and dancing. I absolutely love to see newly weds on their first dance...truly magnificent I say! Although bittersweet :) but hey, the sweetness worth the bitterness. Somehow Widget coaxed (how do you spell that??) me onto the dance floor, where I made an absolute fool of myself, lol... that's the thing with me, if I'm gonna dance, (unless it is with my wife) I need to get to a place where I really don't care... unfortunately for everyone else, that place also involves me going a little bit crazy, 'coz I REALLY don't care, lol.

Um. Youth band has started up again and I'm pretty excited about it... lol, what can I say, I'm always excited about it... I LOVE IT!! I really believe that God is moving in the youth band, He's already done so much, but I believe that this is a time of preparation... we ain't seen nothing yet. God is going to outpour His Spirit like nothing you've ever seen and it will be awesome to be a part of that.

I'm getting to the point of realization that worry really is bad. Lol, I've always known it, but I've never really 'known' it if you know what I mean... It brings up issues that really, God is in control of anyway, and worrying about them is trying to take control from Him. I've never really seen it like that, but it's the truth. This winter has been a really heavy drain on everyone and it's starting to affect everything or so it seems. Everyone seems stressed out of their brains and worried about everything. People are either snappy or depressed and nothing flows naturally, but God is still sovereign. God is still the Master of the house, and He ALWAYS pulls through. I don't have to worry, and I've decided not to worry anymore. So if you catch me... give me a slap! lol, nah, but yeah.

So, that's my news for the week. Until next time, cheerio and GB!
D-Man

No comments: