Thursday 9 March 2006

My Journey of Desire

Well, over the last couple of weeks, I've learned about the importance of following your heart and the journey of desire. I have also learned how little I truly know, and how dangerous some desires...even good ones, can be if they are too strong. This is not a reason for throwing out your desires...nothing can be more destructive to your heart. It is a difficult line to follow...damned if you do and damned if you don't, but the outcomes of following your desires in the long run are much more healthy for you.

So much has happened and continues to happen in my life over the last couple of years. It is a period of change in my life, some good some bad. I know that God is sovereign and I have faith that He is in total control of my life. I DON'T know much else for sure. I pray everyday for my desires to be realized, and God's will be done in my life. Sometimes they seem so close and then other times so far. It can be a temptation to go too far when they are close, but I know that now is not the right time. My desires can seem so strong sometimes though, almost as if they were written on my soul in fire.

These times are tests, I realize, a building of character in my life. Times of growth and drawing near to the Lord. They draw out a lot of ugly characteristics from me...impatience, paranoia, anger, frustration, grief, despair, childishness. However, they come to pass, and leave with them a sense of hope for the future.

God knows my heart, and He reveals it more and more to me each day.

Cheerio, D-Man

No comments: