Friday 24 March 2006

Manifest, music and my life

Well, hmm, lets see...Isn't it funny how my titles usually have three words and they all start with the same letter? Yeah..anyway...it's been a while since my last blog entry, a fair bit has happened. I've made some decisions in my life to live by faith, and so far it's a really rocky road. I've been coming to recognize the attacks of the enemy for what they are. My life hasn't really gotten any better on the outside...it probably won't.

I've been reading John Eldredge's book, 'Waking the Dead' about coming back to a fullness of heart and hoping for the future. It's a very good book, and one that has sparked my decision. I think I have some very tough things to go through, which is gonna suck, but I'm holding onto the promise of God for my future...and other things. How I wish things could be different. How I wish things could be as they were, but I know it's never going to happen, even as I know that dwelling on the past is not good either.

I know there are things in my life that I have to let God deal with before I can really go anywhere, so I think I have a pretty tough road ahead of me for a while...but at least I'll be awesome when He's done aye? : ) ... or better anyway. I've been under fire pretty hardcore lately, and I haven't really felt that I can tell anyone because no-one seems to understand exactly what I'm going through. I'm not even sure I really can, and I can't really put into words anyway, I guess. I've decided to have a little 'character growth' in my life, just trying to be a bit more stable than I have been...eg. rather than bringing everyone down with moodiness, I'm giving my circumstances to God and (trying to) rejoicing in Him anyway.

These last few weeks have been pretty hectic...I've literally not had a night to myself all week, and been surviving on an average of 7 hours sleep a night, except for last night when I had to made do on 2 because of Manifest. To be honest, the first day of manifest wasn't that great. The worship was totally awesome in the morning just after rego, but the day was a real drag after that. I don't know whether this had to do with my lack of sleep or what, but I just couldn't really get into it.

Some good music has come out recently, aww yeah....The new United album 'United We Stand' has FINALLY arrived...and totally rocks my socks, also MuteMath's self-titled debut album. Very chill. Very very chill. Fully awesome. Better than Coldplay...and that's saying something. I figured out the connection between Adam LaClave (Macrosick) and Paul Meany (MuteMath) What made them tick together as Earthsuit...Adam came up with all the funky junk rock licks and high energy whilst Paul was more focused on the mellow, arty, chill expressions in their songs. Now that they have become their own bands..it is really easy to tell where Earthsuit got it's sound from. Plumb's new album 'Chaotic Resolve' has also recently come out. I picked it up completely by accident, but it is very cool. A cross between Evanescence and Sixpence None the Richer for sound, and it works really well. Also Building 429's new album 'Rise' has been ordered...hopefully it won't take to long to get here...anyway...rather than boring you with more muso crap that no-one but myself is interested in.. I'll leave you with a proverb.

"If those who know don't say anything, then those who don't know will."

Cheerio, 'lil D-Man

No comments: