Friday 28 April 2006

India fundraisers, Mils' party and the times

Well, it's been a while since my last blog entry..kinda haven't had time to write anything lately. A lot has been happening in the past 3 weeks. One thing I've been coming to realize is how fast everyone is growing up! Oh my goodness! Seems just like yesterday...hmm sounds like a song! Yeah, far out, Renae..whom I've known since she was about 8 or something is getting married in a month or so!! How good is it!! Woot Renae, kudos to you, you rock my socks!

It's been one heck of a learning curve over the last few months, trying to let go of things and simply trust in God. I still slip up occasionally, but I think God has moved me far from where I was at the start of the year. I'm starting to see patterns in my life, and whilst I can't do anything about them myself. Now that I can see them I can start praying about them..which is the only way they're gonna change anyway, so that's good :)

Hmm...had Phil's Singing Concert for India last week..I was singing, so it was as scary as hell. Like everything, I don't actually get nervous until right before, and I'm talking RIGHT BEFORE I have to do something in front of people. This was no exception. I hit the stage, and I could barely concentrate. My voice was totally wrecked from a cold I'd had all week, so I made a pretty bodgey (like my word? bodgey) job of it...but everyone was raving about it like sliced bread, so I guess it can't have been that bad.

Tonight we had a dinner fundraiser for India at a restaurant that is closing down. Was pretty good...ate too much though. And yeah..was pretty good...ate too much th..oh wait..

Memory of the entry: Milsy's 17 Birthday party. Well, had heaps of fun that night. Got dressed up as 'The Punisher' with the leather trench coat and the skull tee-shirt and the whole bit..barring the guns, now that would have been cool. Dyed my hair black for the occasion, was heaps of fun. Milsy came dressed up as Beauty from Beauty and the Beast, while Matty came dressed up as the Penguin..looked absolutely awesome. Widget came dressed as the Scarecrow..pics are uploaded if you want to check it out :) The whole night was pretty laid back, and yeah, just had an awesome night.....ok, ok I admit that was a pretty lame excuse for a memory, considering the detail in the last one, but..I'm kinda tired. I'll do better next time I promise.

Cheerio, D-Man

No comments: