Friday 11 May 2012

Change

Hi folks, I'm still alive... It's amazing reflecting back to the me of 16 years and about people I knew or still know, and life itself and how all of it has changed. Some for the worse and some for the better. I leaves me with a real melancholy feeling. John Eldredge talks about this, I can't actually remember which book it is, but he talks about how each perfect moment in our lives leaves us with a haunting memory and even if we go back to those locations even with the same people, we will never get those perfect moments back.

I feel like the past 5 or so years of my life have been lived very glibly on my part, without any real thoughts or goals or plans... simply cruising through life one day at a time. I've taken myself out of the loop, much like Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai, crying feverishly out in the night for saki to numb his pain. He too was a lost soul who had forgotten how to truly live. Will I, like he, at last find some measure of peace?

1 comment:

Ashe said...

To find peace, one must first define what peace is to him. To find peace one must first distinguish the kind of peace your soul is looking for.

Sometimes, we forever look for something that we thought we don't have but when you just sit down and ponder in silence,you'd realize that all those years of finding, looking, searching, are in vain because that very thing you're looking for is just in front of you but were too preoccupied to even notice it.

God bless you Damian. Please say my regards to Laura. =)