Sunday 21 May 2006

Worship

I led worship for the first time last night at church, surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all about it. There were things going on that night, though, that had me a little bit stressed. I don't really think I accomplished what I set out to though. My aim has always been 'how can I through my worship, bring people into an atmosphere where they can really let loose for God?' as far as that went...probably 3 out of 5. Whenever I looked around, people were getting into it, but it didn't really look like it was natural, if you know what I mean. Afterward I felt a bit bummed, which of course then lead to doubting a bit, but I got over that pretty quickly, after all the focus can't be me, it has to be God, so that's something He's gonna deal with.

I've been reading through Extravagant Worship - Darlene Zschech. It is so incredibly humbling to read about people so genuine in their worship that they put me to shame. It's a really good book, I really recommend it for anyone who's particular bent is worship or whatever...ok even if it's not READ IT!! It's really good.

There is such a huge responsibility on a worship leader to be totally focused on God. I think I got up there without really realizing what I was getting myself into, but now I know, and there is so much more to it than I realized.

I'm listening to Evermore by Planetshakers right now...the lyrics go:

I will sing
Of the mercy of the Lord
And I will shout
Of Your faithfulness oh God

For there is none like You
Seated in Your majesty
Holy One I come
To worship You forevermore

You are my God my life my all
And I live for You alone
I am Yours evermore
Heaven and earth Your praise
The wonder of Your name
I'll proclaim evermore

Evermore
Evermore

And I will run
Into Your presence
And I will sing
Sing forever

How awesome is that, can you feel the power in those words? The heartfelt declaration to God that There is none like you not one, and so I am Yours for all eternity. Every time I hear that song I get goosebumps.

Yeah anyway I've kinda run out of things to say..I'm not really in a talkative mood at the moment, so until next time, I bid you all a big Cheerio..
D-Man

No comments: